[LMH]CADR software/images?

Chris Daniels cgd@theworld.com
Mon Aug 30 06:55:01 2004

Robert Swindells wrote:

> "This may not make sense, but I would say the business model currently
> being persued by the person who owns Symbolics does not allow for any
> such entrepreneurial projects."

My ex-wife was one of the last employees of Symbolics, and I beleive that
when she was let go, the ownership of Symbolics (technically) was by the
Boston Law firm Ropes and Grey.  The "person in charge" had some ambitions
for the software, but I think it's safe to say they don't have a business
model to speak of. Simultaneously they remain in a strong position to
protect their intellectual properties.
I hope this might clarify the nature of the enormous barriers to releasing
any of the software. (including the Macsyma software)