[LMH]Re: LispM-Hackers digest, Vol 1 #220 - 2 msgs

William von Hagen vonhagen@vonhagen.org
Tue Sep 9 16:54:00 2003

Al - let me know if you're missing any floppies. I have copies of
Intermezzo, Koto, Lyric, and (I think) Medley. I always thought that
they were going alphabetically, and so always assumed that there was a
"J*" release with some music-related name. Maybe it never saw the light
of day.

IIRC, I believe that Medley was the first release to inherently support
PostScript rather then Interpress and also to support TCP/IP out of the
box.  I certainly could be wrong - I've demonstrated that before ;-)

Lisp fans may be interested to know that Ohio State and the University
of Pittsburgh were big Xerox lisp sites, even through Envos days. If
you're looking for hardware, OSU may still have some in various closets.
Carnegie-Mellon was big on the Altos and early Xerox laser printers - I
still have lots of old 9700 output from there. CMU later focused on
other Lispm's such as Symbolics systems (I used to have to do account
setup for ECE grad students on a 3670 there) and PERQ systems running
Lisp. PERQs bootstrapped the Common LISP effort there, but this quickly
moved to faster machines with off-the-shelf processors.

  Bill

--
William von Hagen <vonhagen@vonhagen.org>