[LispM-Hackers] Imminent death of the SSDN2 predicted!

Robert Swindells rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:11:53 GMT

You wrote:
>On 1 Mar 2002, James A. Crippen wrote:
>> When Mr. Bridgewater (or any other willing volunteer for that matter)
>> has the rest of the SSDN2 converted into text I will probably remove
>> the PS/PDF versions from the web server and public access.  I'll keep
>> them around for backup, but I think the text versions should suffice,
>> since there's no real graphics in the original.  I'm also getting
>> tired of four hour long downloads from Mongolia and Zaire that slow
>> down my link at random times during the day... (^_^)

>You might also consider removing the full version and all the individual
>sections that have already been converted, which would save you at least
>some bandwidth...

>And the URL where I've been uploading the converted sections when I'm done
>with them to is, as always, http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/ssdn2/

>Conversion of section 7 is already in progress.

I'll make a start on section 9.

I had a go last night at converting section 1 to HTML. I just did the
obvious kinds of markup, but it came out looking quite good. I can
put it somewhere if anyone wants to take a look.

Robert Swindells