[LispM-Hackers] Can't load band on Linux: core dump (N928.LOAD)

Paolo Amoroso amoroso@mclink.it
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 14:42:26 +0100

I have tried checking E3 on a Red Hat Linux 6.2 box (kernel 2.2.14-5.0,
glibc 2.1.3-15, egcs 1.1.2-30) running on a Pentium 200 PC with 64M of RAM
and 32M swap.

I do know that it's an old and slow machine, but this is what I can
currently afford. And besides, you might be interested in the performance
of E3 on low end systems (assuming you are interested in deploying the
emulator on such systems, of course) compared to actual TI LispMs.

I checked out the latest CVS sources of E3 and built it with the default
makefile. The compilation generated a gazillion and a half warnings, let me
know whether you are interested (I haven't included them here because the
output is large). Then I copied the N928.LOAD to the directory with the E3
sources and tried the newly built executable:

[~/projects/e3]$ ./e3
Hello World!
Goodbye World!
Aborted (core dumped)