[LispM-Hackers] IIM Patent cshapiro mentioned on c.l.l now in /home/lispm

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
01 Jan 2002 16:06:15 -0900

Dan Moniz <dnm@pobox.com> writes:

> On 1/1/02 12:54 PM, "John Morrison" <jm@mak.com> wrote:
>
> > If anybody's interested, there's this little shell script that uses
> > other Linux apps to download patents by number and build PDFs of them.
> > It's really cool and easy-to-use.  It's called "pat2pdf," and a single
> > integer argument which is the patent number.  The home page of the
> > utility is http://www.tothink.com/pat2pdf
>
> Forgive the off-topic post, but I just thought I'd let people know that I
> downloaded Oren's script and put together a Mac OS X 10.1 (and above)
> version for anyone who's interested (2 minutes and 2 lines of basic bash
> hackery). I've mailed it back to him as well, but I'm not sure if he'll make
> it available, so anyone else on the list with an OS X box wishing to use
> this tool, well, I've done the 2 minutes worth of work for you. =]
>
> Well, mostly.
>
> OS X 10.1 (and later) comes installed with Ghostscript 6.01 and curl
> (instead of lynx, as the script uses be default), but bash and libtiff
> aren't. I recommend any serious Unixphile using OS X avail themselves of the
> Fink package system <http://fink.sourceforge.net/> and use it to install
> these tools.

Indeed, Fink is *extremely* nice for OS X.  I was using it until my
fscking with the OpenBoot prom made the OS X insallation unbootable (I
mangled the first few blocks on that partition...).  I need to get it
installed again.  Also nice is the Open Packages project,
http://www.openpackages.org .

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W