[LispM-Hackers] IIM Patent cshapiro mentioned on c.l.l now in /home/lispm

Dan Moniz dnm@pobox.com
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 13:21:08 -0500

On 1/1/02 12:54 PM, "John Morrison" <jm@mak.com> wrote:

> If anybody's interested, there's this little shell script that uses
> other Linux apps to download patents by number and build PDFs of them.
> It's really cool and easy-to-use.  It's called "pat2pdf," and a single
> integer argument which is the patent number.  The home page of the
> utility is http://www.tothink.com/pat2pdf

Forgive the off-topic post, but I just thought I'd let people know that I
downloaded Oren's script and put together a Mac OS X 10.1 (and above)
version for anyone who's interested (2 minutes and 2 lines of basic bash
hackery). I've mailed it back to him as well, but I'm not sure if he'll make
it available, so anyone else on the list with an OS X box wishing to use
this tool, well, I've done the 2 minutes worth of work for you. =]

Well, mostly.

OS X 10.1 (and later) comes installed with Ghostscript 6.01 and curl
(instead of lynx, as the script uses be default), but bash and libtiff
aren't. I recommend any serious Unixphile using OS X avail themselves of the
Fink package system <http://fink.sourceforge.net/> and use it to install
these tools.

--
Dan Moniz <dnm@pobox.com> [http://www.pobox.com/~dnm/]