[LMH]change in Makefile

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker@fast.no
Tue Apr 30 01:18:01 2002

Andreas Eder writes:
 > In order to avoid warning messages from makedepend
 > ( makedepend: warning:  app.cc, line 1: cannot find include file "iostream.h"
 >         not in /usr/local/lib/gcc-include/iostream.h
 >         not in /usr/include/iostream.h
 >         not in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/include/iostream.h
 > etc.)

        Shouldn't this use the header file "iostream" instead of
"iostream.h"? There are a few differences between the .h and no-.h
versions of the standard header files, including the use of namespaces
(i.e, if you use <iostream> instead of <iostream.h> you have to either
use "using namespace std;" or prefix cin, cout, endl etc with
"std::").

        Also, I think that changing the #includes for standard include
files from <> to "" may have been a mistake. For the stand-alone
target, it should be possible to achieve the same effect by judicious
use of --nostdinc and -I.

        Disclaimer: I haven't even _looked at_ the E3 sources.

        //Raymond.

--
Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  Raymond.Wiker@fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/