[LMH] hello, anyone there?

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 22:54:51 EST 2009

Hi, Wolfram

> Hi there!
>
> long time ago I owned a few TI Explores and a Ti-microExplorer, that I still have (I did not restart it for almost 8 years or more, maybe I'll try i the near future). I have all the original documentation and a lot of original tapes and diskettes (for the microExplorer). Unfortunately the tapes (3M's DC300 and DC600) turns out not to be as lasting as expected. Typically the mechanics is failing on most of them and destroying the magnetic tape. Does anybody know how to recover those tapes?

I suggest you trying to contact bitsavers.org , a site which aims to collect every bit of old document & software. They may be a way to recover your data on those tapes.

One year ago I successfully printed all Symbolics Open Genera document into PDF format and sent them to admin on bitsavers.org. Now those documents are archived into their "/pdf/symbolics" directory [1], I think you should try also.

--binghe

[1] http://bitsavers.org/pdf/symbolics/software/genera_8/