[LMH] E1 MCR interrupt bits?

nyef@lisphacker.com nyef@lisphacker.com
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 04:30:44 +0100

Brad Parker writes:

> Can someone explain know the interrupt scheme on the E1 works?
>
> I assume the e00000-e0003e register space on the cpu is for interrupt
> testing only, i.e.  nubus cards don't write to this space, only the
> diags do.

Bad assumption, I'm afraid. SSDN2, section 3.2 says that NuBus cards do
exactly this.

> Do the NUPI and SIB assert a nubus hardware interrupt?  Does the cpu
> hardware see than and place it in it's list of pending interrupts?

No, the NuPI and SIB are bus-master-capable, and are instructed by the CPU
as to which word address they are to write the value 1 to when they wish to
signal for attention.

> I see that the cpu manages pending interrupts on a priority basis from
> 15-0 with 0 being the highest.  I don't quite get how the microcode
> resets the pending interrupts or how the are asserted in the normal
> case.

Pending interrupts are reset by writing a 0 to the appropriate spot in the
CPU register space.

> -brad

 --Alastair Bridgewater