[LMH]Movitz

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Thu Jan 15 19:52:01 2004

Nyef <nyef@softhome.net> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 03:07:12PM -0500, Chad Dougherty wrote:
>> I saw this via another Lisp blog that I read:
>>
>> 	<http://www.cs.uit.no/~frodef/los0/>
>>
>> "...an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp that targets the ubiquitous
>> x86 PC architecture "on the metal". That is, running without any
>> operating system or other form of software environment. Movitz is
>> a development platform for operating system kernels, embedded, and
>> single-purpose applications."
>>
>> Not entirely related to lispm emulation, but interesting nonetheless...
>
> Already there. The new URL is http://www.common-lisp.net/project/movitz/
> and the source is in CVS.
>
> Besides, I thought the list charter said "lisp machines, particularly
> the explorer III emulator", not "lisp machine emulation"? It could quite
> easily be argued that movitz is for turning a PC into a lisp machine.

Absolutely! PCs can be Lisp machines too. But Movitz isn't a LispM OS
yet, it's still got a ways to go. Not much development support on it
yet. No filesystem, or editor, for instance. Give it some time and it
might be a real winner though.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> Lambda Unlimited
61.2204N, -149.8964W                     Recursion 'R' Us