[LMH]Exploiter progress

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Thu Sep 11 09:28:00 2003

Nyef <nyef@softhome.net> writes:

> Instance funcalling is semi-working. It always calls
> INSTANCE-HASH-FAILURE, which in turn calls the required method. SELF is

Nice hack. It's crude, but hey.

> being bound, but the rest of the flavor bindings aren't. The binding of
> SELF is being done after the invocation of INSTANCE-HASH-FAILURE, rather
> than before, and is being done as the first binding in the function's
> frame rather than as a separate closure binding prior to invocation.

Is this because the band's code does this binding beforehand, or is it
a problem with the exploiter?

> Method function invocation is semi-working. The self-mapping-table isn't
> being bound, but the functions invoke well enough for now.

I still dont quite grok what the SMT is for... Anyone have a good
explanation for an idiot?

> Initialization presently runs through to the first invocation of miscop
> 047 STACK-GROUP-RESUME, which is being used for the first invocation of
> the scheduler.
>
> Let me say that again: We're at the first stack group switch.

Let me say this: You kick ass!

I can't believe that we're trying to switch stack groups. It's
awesome. The start of multitasking. Very cool.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> Lambda Unlimited
61.2204N, -149.8964W                     Recursion 'R' Us