[LMH]New List Member

Steve Krueger stevelisp@grape-krueger.com
Wed May 14 18:25:01 2003

Hello,

I joined this list only a short time ago and have seen little traffic
here.  I did read through the archives from the last year.

I think I can help.  I wrote the document that became the SSDN and later
the SSDN2.  Oh, and I originally wrote them using TeX.  I am still at
TI, and I am an unrepentant pack rat.  Therefore, I still have quite a
lot of the hardware specs and other design documentation.  Since I
worked on the microcode, I even have cross-referenced printouts of the
microcode source, although I'm afraid the latest I have is still quite
old, about 207.  That predates the Hummingbird processor (Explorer II)
and the Elroy instruction set redesign, called VM2 in the SSDN2.  I
thought I might have a tape with some version of the microcode sources,
the microcode tools or the cold-loader, but I haven't found any of that
yet in my searching.

Since I am still employed at TI, I have requested and received clearance
from TI to act in the role of an oracle.  I can answer questions about
hardware and software.   I'll answer them from the documents I have as
quickly as I can, but please don't expect a large gusher of email from
me.  I might occasionally try to code something, but that probably isn't
the best use of me.

As I have dug through boxes to find the information, I've found lots of
historical information and I may occasionally tell a story or two.  Let
me know if they are too boring to stand.

Hi to Steve and Paul.  I see Paul at TI sometimes but I haven't talked
to Steve in quite a while.  I have a working Explorer II that Mike
Amundsen put together from the Explorer's Steve bequeathed to Mike when
Steve moved away.  I haven't fired it up in about a year.  I'd like to
try to get it to talk on my network.  If I can do that, I'll have access
to whatever I can find on tapes (if I can get them to read).  Tonight,
anything that involves actually setting up the machine sounds like a lot
of work.

BTW, I have been unable to compile e3.  I have a clean install of Red
Hat 8.0.  It has gcc 3.2.  I get errors for missing header files.  The
problem is the 3.2 doesn't seem to have the *.h forms of the headers
anymore.  I've not done C++ before so I'm not sure how to solve my
problem.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

   - Steve