[LMH]ART-Q-LIST?

Paul Fuqua pf@ti.com
Mon Jul 7 00:11:01 2003

    Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:28:15 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>

    Does anyone know what the ART-Q-LIST array type means?

If I remember correctly, it's an ART-Q (ie, generic) array whose
elements are all cdr-coded properly so you can also get a list pointer
into the array elements.  The G-L-P miscop (one-sentence description in
SSDN chapter 20) will return a list given an ART-Q-LIST array;  I think
I remember something called GET-LIST-POINTER-INTO-ARRAY, too.

The list returned is literally the array contents, so this isn't a
coercion;  I think RPLACD is forbidden because it's hard to reshuffle
the array if you splice the list.

                              pf