[LMH]MicroExplorer reset error

Hans Hübner hans@huebner.org
Sat Aug 30 07:19:00 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Hans Hübner wrote:

> Still, when starting the "microexplorer" executable, I get the error message
> "microExplorer reset error = 28".

Following advice from comp.sys.ti.explorer, I removed the board, re-fitted the
memory card and bent it a bit and now it boots better.  In fact, it performed
a cold boot with the Macintosh font and things seemed fine, if a bit ugly due
to the bad font.  I thought that adding the fonts to the System file manually
would propably help, but no - After having done that, the system crashes
during boot and when I try to use the "Warm boot" menu option, it enters the
debugger in ADD:GET-ACB-FAST and comes up with a requester "Nupi/Formatter
Command 4".  Well.

Looks like I need some sort of installation manual in order to set the whole
thing up properly.  Does anyone have that online?

I'm not sure whether my board is bad or whether the installation requires
non-obvious steps, so any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Hans