[LMH]CADR 4 pictures

Carl Shapiro cshapiro@panix.com
Sun May 19 20:54:01 2002

   From: Paul Fuqua <pf@ti.com>
   Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 23:36:46 -0500

   As a young graduate student at MIT, circa 1981, I went on the "computer
   tour" that showed freshmen some of the various computer facilities
   around campus.  One of the stops was the place where CADRs were
   assembled.  (Not that I knew what a CADR was.  Or Lisp, for that matter.
   Heck, I had never seen a screen-based editor or a bitmapped terminal.
   But I digress.)  I remember a giant rack and equipment to place all
   those wires;  can't remember if it was all hand-work, though.

Huh.  I was told that the wire wrap for the CADR was sent out to Augat
or some such company.  But, there was a machine on the 9th floor which
was specially built to test all of the connections before the rest of
the machine was assembled.