[LMH]CADR 4 pictures

Paul Fuqua pf@ti.com
Sun May 19 20:37:01 2002

    Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:22:07 -0400
    From: ford@objs.com

    Wires, man!  That board is wire-wrapped.  All the pin-to-pin
    connections are via wires.  Its not a printed circuit board.
    Its how you'd build a prototype board.

As a young graduate student at MIT, circa 1981, I went on the "computer
tour" that showed freshmen some of the various computer facilities
around campus.  One of the stops was the place where CADRs were
assembled.  (Not that I knew what a CADR was.  Or Lisp, for that matter.
Heck, I had never seen a screen-based editor or a bitmapped terminal.
But I digress.)  I remember a giant rack and equipment to place all
those wires;  can't remember if it was all hand-work, though.

                              pf