[LispM-Hackers] Outageness

Paul Fuqua pf@ti.com
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:14:51 -0600

    Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:09:04 -0500 (EST)
    From: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>

    This is almost exactly what I needed to know about the microcode assembler
    syntax. I can make the rest up as I go along. Thank you.

For Explorer 2, humfmt.lisp and humsym.lisp.  (Internal code names:
Raven and Hummingbird.)

    I certainly agree that for an emulator usable to run the system _as a
    system_, you most likely will want a macroinstruction level emulator.

Well, that is my interest.  I'd like to perpetuate the Explorer
environment.  I used to write microcode for the darn thing so that
aspect is less interesting to me now.  (But fast simulators are a
current interest, and the SIMICS people are doing good things with
system simulation, and Explorers only ran at 6, 25, or 40 MHz so
reasonable performance is reachable with a reasonable slowdown factor.
Hmm.)

                              pf