[LispM-Hackers] FreeBSD error

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
10 Jan 2002 10:03:52 -0900

Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I knew that. I guess what I was asking was whether it was reasonable for
> it to have reached the call to abort().

Yup.  That's where it's supposed to die.  The reason that the output
on the web page doesn't list its message is because I typically create
it with 'e3 > foo' which doesn't capture stderr.  I suppose I could
'e3 2>&1> foo' which would get stderr, and then the abort() message
would appear.

> It is 135Mb.

You can see that I haven't looked at the core dump in a while... :-)

> I couldn't check out of CVS, that's why I tried the tarball.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.unlambda.com:/home/cvsroot co e3
> cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/anoncvs): No such file or directory

My mistake.  This should be fixed now.  (I changed the home dir of the
anoncvs user from the nonexistent /home/anoncvs to /home/cvsroot.)

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W