[LispM-Hackers] FreeBSD error

Robert Swindells rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:46:26 GMT

James A. Crippen wrote:
>The abort() function is supposed to kill the running program and dump
>core.  So it's working right.

I knew that. I guess what I was asking was whether it was reasonable for
it to have reached the call to abort().

>If you don't want a 32MB core taking up space on your system then you
>can just do a 'ulimit -c 0' to force no coredumps in the current
>shell.

It is 135Mb.

>Why does it abort() here?  Because we haven't implemented function
>calling yet.  (This is also why it screams "FOO" in frustration.)  So
>it helpfully gives you a core dump so you can go looking for the stuff
>you need to implement function calling.

Ok, I'll start reading the documentation.

>BTW, you probably shouldn't use the tarball.  Nobody updates that as
>regularly as it should be, and there's no automated script to do it.
>The anonymous CVS checkout will always be up to date, however.

I couldn't check out of CVS, that's why I tried the tarball.

The error I get is:

% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.unlambda.com:/home/cvsroot co e3
cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/anoncvs): No such file or directory

Robert Swindells