[LispM-Hackers] Catching up

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
28 Feb 2002 12:25:11 -0900

"Dave Richards" <dave@synergy.org> writes:

> 1. Where is the E3 Project Page, from which I am to learn how to
> access CVS?  I have never worked on an open source project and have
> not used CVS before.

http://www.unlambda.com/lispm

There's an example of using CVS on the project page.  If you cut and
paste into a Unix shell you should win, presuming you have CVS
installed already.  Use the newest release version of CVS you can get,
some older versions don't work with newer servers.  I have version 1.11.

OBTW, the "[empty]" means just an empty string, don't type anything.
Ie, send only a line feed.

> 2. Where is the TI binary/source code located?

That's all on kappa.  The sources aren't made available to the general
public because they're technically still copyrighted by TI.  If you
want to contribute code you need write access to the CVS server, and
getting write access also allows you to get access to the OS sources.
After browsing the sources if you really want write access then ask
me.  I'm the sysadmin/owner for unlambda.com.

> 3. What documentation do we have to work from?  I did find/download
> the document referred to as ssdn2 and spent an hour or two reading
> it last night?

That's all we have, basically.  There's some other stuff that talks
about microcode architecture, but the consensus is to avoid anything
at that level if possible, so you can ignore it for now.

> 4. How much of the macroarchitecture has been puzzled out?

As mentioned in the previous paragraph, we're trying to avoid
implementing any of the microcode architecture.  What we're making is
just a macrocode level emulator.  The SSDN2 covers the macrocode
instruction set, although perhaps not as perfectly as one might wish.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W