[LMH]Documentation

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Thu Apr 25 23:32:01 2002

Emmanuel Rialland <eriallan@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> I just made the commit to have change bars when using the environment
> /TIcomment.

Good, good.  But I'm curious as to the name choice.  What do you mean
by 'TI' specifically?  It's not as if TI is writing them...

> James made some footnote comments. What about using a separate
> environment for them too? That way we keep the possibility to scrap
> them off completely to revert to the original TI version.

Hmm.  Well, considering that the SSDN2 never originally *had*
footnotes, wouldn't it be easy to just do s/\\footnote{.*}// instead
of a new environment?  Or perhaps \renewcommand{\footnote}[1]{}?

> For the moment I see those TIcomments and footnotes as 2 separate
> levels of explanations: footnotes for immediate semantic / context
> clarification; TIcomments for lengthy ramblings about the universe
> in general and the e3 in particular.

Agree.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W