[LMH]Re: [LMC] CVS update: e3/docs/ssdn2

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Thu Apr 25 23:23:01 2002

Emmanuel Rialland <eriallan@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> The change of /textt to /verb is more problematic as it seems that
> /verb-ed text cannot be cut in the middle: see overflowing line on
> page 17, or the overlap in the first column of the table page 25.

I just hacked on this for an hour.  Now I have it using the url
package, which has been out since 1999 with no change and should be
available everywhere.  The url package implements a special \verb
command that allows for breaking of text at specified characters.
There's now lots of ugly cruft in E3Doc.sty to implement appropriate
breaking for inline Lisp-like text and for pathnames.  The inline
Lisp-like text is still using the \lisp command.  The \path command
has been flushed because it is defined both in url.sty and in PicTeX.
Instead a \pname command is implemented using url styles.  RTFS for
more details.

Next I intend to attack multipage tables.  This should kill most of
the overfull boxen we're seeing.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W