[LispM-Hackers] Latex

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Mon Apr 22 21:42:01 2002

Emmanuel Rialland <eriallan@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Still missing some chapters. I have tried to ocr them myself (with
> Clara) but got tired to segfault every half hour and lose everyhing.

If anyone wants to step up and volunteer to create these missing
chapters feel free.  We've almost got the complete document now.

> Send any suggestions on how to improve the doc (esp. the figures.)

I'm fiddling with the figures right now.  I'll check in anything if it
turns out okay, and I'll post to the list when I do get something that
works.  I'm trying to keep them as ASCII diagrams but get them
centered correctly without any leading or trailing space in the
diagram text itself.

I have a makefile for the LaTeX SSDN2 that I haven't committed yet.
Once I have it cleaned up I'll add it.  It will automatically take
care of running LaTeX the appropriate amount of times, and can make
different targets (DVI only, PS, PDF).  Maybe other stuff if
useful.

I intend to play with automatically generating an ASCII text version
of the file from the LaTeX sources.  There are tools to do so, but
they may require hacking.  In any case, the end result I am thinking
will not exactly resemble the original document in that it won't be
justified (but there are ways around this, too).  Spacing will
probably end up being incorrect as well, but we'll see.

I'd like to maintain a single document from now on.  Although there
won't be many changes to the document itself I expect for us to start
adding footnotes that refer to differences between the E[12] and E3,
and other miscellany.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W