[LispM-Hackers] can not build

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Mon Apr 22 21:31:01 2002

John Leuner <jewel@pixie.co.za> writes:

> > Probably JM's fault again... ^_^  Try deleting any existing depend.mk,
> > then touch it and then 'make depend'.  That should hopefully fix it.
>
> Yeah that worked for me too.

Not sure if I mailed about this (and I'm too lazy to check) but I
updated the top level makefile so it'd be a little smarter about
dealing with depend.mk.  You can now assume that any errors you
receive from 'makedepend' or 'make' are now your own fault.  The
makefile no longer exhibits 'makedepend's odd tendency to bitch about
missing files, instead it automagically tries to create one.  The
problem with 'make' itself blowing up on a missing depend.mk file is
also solved -- now the makefile ignores it if it is missing, the
dependencies for other rules will force its creation.  RTFS for
details.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W