[LispM-Hackers] Backup tape for review

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Fri Apr 19 13:20:01 2002

Al Kossow graciously sent me the contents of an Exploder backup tape
that he came upon.  It appears to have come from the TI CS Lab, or
that's what some of the files seem to say.  In any case it's a
bzipped tarball on kappa at /home/lispm/cerebus_bkup_burst.tar.bz2

The tarball unpacks into the current directory.  It's a *lot* of
files.  The files seem to be in an Exploder-specific backup format
(not having experience with Exploder backups I'm not certain).  The
files are human readable, but they're not easily readable since
they've had their CRLFs stripped, presumably by the backup program.
If anyone who doesn't have an account on kappa wants to dump the
backup on their Exploder and perhaps create a more humanly useful
tarball of the tape let me know and I'll make the tarball available
(or give you an account, whichever's easier).  (If you don't have an
Exploder you could presumably reverse engineer the format or port the
Exploder backup code to another Lisp.)

The contents seem to be tangential to our efforts, but nonetheless
interesting both technically and historically.  Needless to say I
didn't read all 1180 files, so there may be secrets still hidden
within.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W