[LispM-Hackers] Latex of SSDN

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Sun Apr 14 00:58:00 2002

"eriallan@bigpond.net.au" <eriallan@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> No account yet. I just moved place recently and I just have a
> dial-up on the Windows machine. Cable (and the Debian machine)
> should be back by the end of the week.
>
> So no hurry for the account.

Heh, CVS is all flat text, and you can use the -z9 option to compress
it.  Believe me, it works great over dialup.  A little slower, but not
much.

> I can of course send a tarball in the mean time.

Well, with a CVS account comes an account on 'kappa', the system that
hosts the project.  That's where you'd upload the tarball.  So mail me
privately with your preferred username.

BTW, there's no anonymous FTP on kappa.  Nor will there ever be if I
can help it.  It's too much of a hole, even with the OpenBSD ftpd
installed.  The number of sites my router blocks for trying to root
kappa's ftpd is just ridiculous.  Almost as many as those trying to
root httpd.

The funny thing is that I leave telnet *wide* open.  I guess telnet
just isn't as tempting a target nowadays as it used to be...

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W