[LispM-Hackers] Do we need a read barrier to support e3 GC?

Andreas Eder Andreas.Eder@t-online.de
Sat Apr 13 07:19:00 2002

John Morrison writes:
 > Does anybody knowledgeable about the E2 GC know
 > whether the GC depends upon a read barrier?

Well, I'm certainly not very knowledgable about the ED GC, but  in
section 10, the SSDN2 certainly talks about a read barrier for
detecting Oldspace references. So, I fear the answer to your question
is yes.

Does anybody know of a detailed explanation of the boot process of an
E2? I read the SSDN2, but it is not that clear to me, how the process
happens. And I still have to read the e3 C++ sources in more
detail. I'd rather wish they were in lisp. I' d much prefer to do the
emulator in Common Lisp - well, maybe I will try.

Andreas

--=20
Wherever I lay my .emacs, there=B4s my $HOME.