[LispM-Hackers] Updated web page

ford@objs.com ford@objs.com
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 22:55:41 -0500

"James A. Crippen" wrote:

> ford@objs.com writes:
>
> No way I'll argue with Steve's history, since he was there and I wasn't.  But...
>
> [...]
> > competitor to Sun and Apollo, running Unix.  I was porting Spice Lisp
> > (Guy Steele's progenitor to Common Lisp) to Unix, which was intended
>
> I thought I should note that although GLS certainly was heavily
> involved in Spice Lisp at the time, and that it was the testbed for
> CLTL1 implementation, Spice Lisp was a CMU project.  It later became
> CMU Common Lisp.

Yep.  Maybe I gave Guy too much credit.  We dealt with Scott Fahlman, too,
but mostly with Guy.  He came to Dallas several times for consulting & BBQ.
Since I was implementing Spice Guts in 68000 assembler, he was pretty interested,
Even walked through my code with me a couple of times, suggesting neat tricks.
We tried pretty hard to hire him, but his wife liked Pittsburgh, or at least that was
his excuse.

Steve