[LispM-Hackers] Updated web page

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
24 Dec 2001 15:30:16 -0900

ford@objs.com writes:

> James,
>
> TI never purchased LMI's assets.  TI licensed the right to produce
> an MIT-derived Lisp Machine from LMI, and purchased the Nu Machine &
> NuBus from Western Digital, which was the platform for the LMI
> Lambda, their second generation machine.  LMI also acquired the
> right to sell a version of the Explorer.  LMI was not is a strong
> position when it made this deal, and wasn't afterwards either, but
> LMI was still in the Lisp Machine business, concurrently with TI and
> Symbolics, for a number of years after this deal was inked.

Duly noted.  I'm making the changes to the page presently.  Do you
happen to know what year the license to LMI technology was obtained
in?  That and what year TI bought the Nu Machine/NuBus?  Dates would
make the paragraph read a little better, I think.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W