[LispM-Hackers] Updated web page

ford@objs.com ford@objs.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:18:21 -0500

James,

TI never purchased LMI's assets.  TI licensed the right to produce an MIT-derived Lisp Machine from LMI, and purchased the Nu Machine & NuBus from Western Digital, which was the platform for the LMI Lambda, their second generation machine.  LMI also acquired the right to sell a version of the Explorer.  LMI was not is a strong position when it made this deal, and wasn't afterwards either, but LMI was still in the Lisp Machine business, concurrently with TI and Symbolics, for a number of years after this deal was inked.

Steve