[LispM-Hackers] Re: [Lispm-cvs] CVS update: e3

Dan Moniz dnm@pobox.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:37:01 -0500

On 12/20/01 11:54 PM, "john morrison" <jm@mak.com> wrote:

[snip]

> A couple of observations:
>
> (1) I made a sort of nasty change to types.h.  I tried to use
> "stdint.h," but on cygwin, it apparently only exists for this entirely
> separate "mingw" compilation set which does NOT depend upon cygwin, but
> instead depends upon MS DLLs.  (If there are any cygwin jocks on the
> list, please help me out here.)  Now, the weird thing was I got REALLY
> close (one undefined reference to an iostream routine at link time), but
> then (God Bless Google) found out I was doing things completely wrong.
> So, I made the temporary change -- we ("Who's 'we,' paleface?") ought to
> change this to use something better.  Believe it or not,
> /usr/include/tiff.h on both Linux and Cygwin seems to define some
> u8/u16/u32 data types we might use.

This is a bit old now, as it deals with Cygwin b.20, but you may find it
helpful. If you're interested, try emailing Mumit and ask him if he has an
updated version of this or pointers to a more revelent document.

Building Mingw executables using Cygwin
<http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/mno-cygwin-howto.txt>

[snip]

--