[LispM-Hackers] Directory hierarchy

James A. Crippen james@UnLambda.COM
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:17:39 -0800 (AKDT)

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, James A. Crippen wrote:

> I have a question about the e3 source tree hierarchy.  Should we start
> separating functionality into multiple directories to avoid clutter?
>
> I'm thinking of something like the following:
>
> e3-0.1.0/
>   00README.txt (stuff to know before building or installing)
>   INSTALL.txt (installation instructions)
>   LICENSE.txt (copyright and software license)
>   Makefile (the makefile, obviously)
>   /docs (documentation, obviously)
>   /lisp (any lisp code for TI Lisp, including neat hacks, extensions,
>          perhaps even the OS source tree at some point)
>   /sys/ (system specifc code)
>       /arch/ (architecture specific code)
>            /alpha
>            /i386
>            /ia64
>            /mips
>            /mips64
>            /ppc
>            /sparc
>            /sparc64
>       /os/ (OS specific code)
>          /bsd/{Free,Net,Open}
>          /decunix
>          /fe (bare iron, ie Fe, get it?)
>          /irix
>          /linux
>          /macos (only applies to >= MacOS X)
>          /solaris
>          /win32
>   /ui/ (user interface code)
>      /gfx (graphics, including any display libs)
>      /hid (human interface device glue, eg mouse, keyboard)
>      /tty (terminal interface, like console output, etc)
>   /ucode (microcode implementing the macrocode engine)

Forgot one:

e3-0.1.0/
    /bands (load bands of working systems)

I also think we might standardize on '.load' being the suffix for a
band.  That way I can encode the regexp '*.load' in the CVS server to turn
on the binary flag.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,