[LMH] Lispm Chineual XML version

Nick Papadakis nick@MIT.EDU
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:24:07 -0700

>  > A preliminary version is online at http://bknr.net/static/lmman/

A very nice job!  I'm glad to see people still taking an interest.

>  Thus, I would be very glad to get comments on the XML format as
>well as the rendered output.

I'd like to suggest that, in addition to the XML version, there be a
PDF version (with appropriate hyperlinks).  The reason is that it
will be much more convenient for people to grab a copy and read it if
it is a single file in a common interchange format.  While the XML is
a winning idea idea, PDF may well turn out to be more long-lived and
accessible (despite its many shortcomings).

If there is anything that the history of the lispm should teach us,
it is that winning ideas are often ignored by the larger world.  I'd
hate to see this stuff get lost again because it was converted from
one obscure format (bolio) to a nicer but equally obscure format
(custom XML).  Adding the PDF is a fairly easy way of hedging the bet.
--

	   Cheers,

		- nick