[LMH] Lisp timing issue solved

Daniel Seagraves dseagrav@lunar-tokyo.net
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:55:03 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Brad Parker wrote:

> I tried Bjorn's patch and it worked really well for me.  Looks like the
> machine somehow managed to find the data & time also (which is great!)
>
> should I apply it?

Hang on. I'll check in the time/date part (I already added it) but I
haven't added the SDL code. Fire away.

Did you comment out the extra 0 sent on key release? (I don't know if it
applies to the SDL keyboard...)

> I fumbled along for a while before I managed to halt at 81.  I didn't
> see any keyboard problems.  Things actually seem to be working pretty
> well.

When lisp halts, the running function and such is written to NVRAM.
(REPORT-LAST-SHUTDOWN) will read the data out.
It always halts at 81, that's the end of the fault handler.

> I could not get the mouse to work at all, however - no doubt an SDL
> problem.  And the SDL window is *huge* - was it always that way?  What's
> the correct window size it really wants?

The Explorer's display is 1024x808, but I was using 1280x1024.
I fixed the SIB so it can use other framebuffer sizes; Just make sure
that FB_WIDTH and FB_HEIGHT are defined to whatever SDL window size you
end up using. (If they are undefined, 1280x1024 is the default).
Those two symbols are the width and height of the host display, not the
Explorer display.

(The explorer VRAM is 1024x1024 though - That's why screenshots have the
extra space at the bottom.)