[LMH] Nevermore status update

nyef@sc.am nyef@sc.am
Mon May 24 06:27:01 2004

Hello all.

A brief status update. No new release last weekend. We were supposed to
get internet access at the house working again by noon on saturday, but
that just didn't happen. At least I didn't completely waste the time...

I split out most of the Raven CPU emulation and disassembler to a new
package. There's still some cleanup left, mostly around the nubus
interface, but at least that first step is done.

I put together an initial implementation of the DISPATCH instruction.

I came up with a workable theory as to how the GCVF bit works. To the
point where EXPT now passes the GCVF tests.

I updated the README file a bit.

Probably some other stuff, too.

So anyway, all this, and then I discover this morning that my kernel
doesn't have FAT filesystem support, so I can't even carry a release
tarball in without fixing the home network (which I destroyed while
trying to get the internet connection working).

New release tomorrow or wednesday. I hope.

--Alastair