[LMH] Ooh, look! List traffic!

Robert Swindells rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 10:05:01 2004

Nyef wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:18:20AM -0500, Nyef wrote:
>>
>> Yes, it's in Lisp. The old (late last year) source tarball is up in
>> the same directory as all the screenshots (
>> http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/nevermore/ ), and I'm doing some
>> cleanup on the current sources in preparation for releasing them at
>> some point in the next day or so.

>Fitting action to words, the new version is up as
>http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/nevermore/nevermore-9e0304.tgz

>I am uncertain as to if I will be continuing with this codebase.
>The speed has reached the point of untenability.

I was only half joking about translating it to VHDL.

Just having done the analysis of what the microarchitecture needs to
do might be useful in the long run.

The whole CPU would fit into a $15 FPGA using current technology, add
a couple of 16bit SDRAMs and some boot flash and you have a 10x faster
microExplorer.

Robert Swindells