[LMH] Ooh, look! List traffic!

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Thu Mar 4 06:22:01 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 08:37:33AM -0500, Mike McDonald wrote:

> >To: Dan Moniz <dnm@pobox.com>
> >Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:38:22 -0500
> >From: Nyef
>
> >The last thing I did with the code was to put in address decoding
> >for the memory board control space, which was enough to get it to
> >do a thorough test of the low 256k of the memory space, but still
> >fail the board test. That took about three and a half hours to run

Did I say three and a half? I meant six and a half.

> >and generated about 1,054,200 lines of output. And no, that's not
> >a per-instruction trace. It's mainly the CMUCL GC going off and all
> >of the NuBus access requests (and a bit from the mapping hardware,
> >but that doesn't get used much yet).
>
>   OK, I'm confused now. Are you writing an emulator in Lisp? Can you
> provide some more info?

Yes, it's in Lisp. The old (late last year) source tarball is up in
the same directory as all the screenshots (
http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/nevermore/ ), and I'm doing some
cleanup on the current sources in preparation for releasing them at
some point in the next day or so.

As fair warning, the old version reqiures a combined microcode image
that none of you have. The new version will require rom images for
the SIB config rom, the memory board config rom, and all seven boot
microcode roms. These files are (in order):

    2236662_SIB
    2243924-2_27S291.8MB
    2236480-03
    2236481-03
    2236482-03
    2236483-03
    2236484-03
    2236485-03
    2236486-03

(here's where being a packrat and downloading every rom file and
disk image mentioned on the list over the past couple years helps.)

--Alastair Bridgewater