[LMH] Ooh, look! List traffic!

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Wed Mar 3 18:41:01 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 05:22:22PM -0800, Dan Moniz wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 03, 2004 2:06 PM -0500 Nyef <nyef@softhome.net> wrote:
>
> >Hello all.
> >
> >At http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/nevermore/frameimg.bmp is
> >something that might be a little interesting (especially the
> >lower left part of the image).
> >
> >I'm sure you all will be able to figure out what it is.
>
> Cool!
>
> Also of interest are the other bitmaps in that directory. ;]

Indeed, but those weren't there when I sent my message to the list.

As a data point, all of these images took about 20 minutes each of
runtime in the emulator to create.

The last thing I did with the code was to put in address decoding
for the memory board control space, which was enough to get it to
do a thorough test of the low 256k of the memory space, but still
fail the board test. That took about three and a half hours to run
and generated about 1,054,200 lines of output. And no, that's not
a per-instruction trace. It's mainly the CMUCL GC going off and all
of the NuBus access requests (and a bit from the mapping hardware,
but that doesn't get used much yet).

--Alastair Bridgewater