[LMH]CADR software/images?

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Fri Aug 27 14:08:01 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 04:42:14PM -0400, Brad Parker wrote:

> (ps: i think if someone says lm-2 sources are unbuildable w/o a cadr I
> don't think they have not tried very hard; but I may be wrong)

Have a look at the function ASSEMBLE in sys/sys/cadrlp.lisp.134. Note
the references to things in the SI and FS packages. Note the use of
READ-METER. Those references won't build on a modern system. They
might build on MACLISP for all I know, but they don't build on SBCL.

Have a look at sys/sys2/comdefs.lisp.8, specifically the DEFUN for
COMPILING-WHOLE-FILE-P. Note that it calls the stream as if it were
a Flavors object. Is that going to work in MACLISP?

Have a look at sys/sys/qcdefs.lisp.349, ADD-OPTIMIZER. I don't believe
that MACLISP supports the use of &QUOTE in an arglist. I know that SBCL
doesn't.

I'm not saying that they're completely unbuildable, just that it'll
take some hacking (possibly a lot of hacking) to get it working.

--Alastair Bridgewater