[LMH]Zeta-C released into the Public Domain

Carl Shapiro cshapiro@panix.com
Sat Oct 4 23:25:01 2003

   From: "Scott L. Burson" <gyro@zeta-soft.com>
   Date: Sat,  4 Oct 2003 22:57:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Scott,

Thanks for placing the sources to Zeta-C in the public domain!  Until
now never had the chance to use Zeta-C; I was only fortunate enough to
have colleagues who were able to recall how nifty a system it was.  I
am quite excited about the possibility of using Zeta-C on a project of
my own, at last!

   It should be possible to build it from sources on an Explorer, Lambda, or
   36xx.  It was never ported to the Ivory, though such a port would not be
   difficult.

I have Zeta-C mostly loaded on one of my LispM, an Ivory (I reached a
convenient stopping point today when I realized I did not have enough
of the system sources loaded to M-. down to an array creation
primitive which differs between the L and I-machines).  Also, while
made to files which are not present in the distribution:

  ZETA-C:SOURCES;ZCRUN.LISP
  ZETA-C:SOURCES;ZCZWEI-SYM.LISP
  ZETA-C:SOURCES;ZCZWEI-LMITI.LISP

The file ZETA-C:SOURCES;ZCZWEI.LISP claims to contain a C-mode for the
LMI, MIT, TI and LispM.  Are the contents of this file identical to
those of the missing ZETA-C;SOURCES;ZCZWEI-LMITI.LISP module?

Thanks again,

Carl