[LMH]Raven Microcode Questions

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Mon Nov 10 18:01:02 2003

Hello all.

Over the past couple weeks I've been working on figuring out how the
Raven (Explorer I) processor interprets it's microcode. I've got some of
it figured out, but I have a few questions.

I'm figuring that the condition field of the jump instruction
selectively disables the main jump action, in favor of the abbrev-jump
field action (if specified).

My first question is how do the condition and abbrev-jump fields
interact on alu and byte instructions? How does the condition field
operate on these instructions without the abbrev-jump field?

My second question is what is the encoding for where to store the data
when using the jump instruction to read I-Memory?

I'm sure there are more questions waiting in the wings. Oh well.

If someone could shed some light on these subjects it would be much
appreciated.

--Alastair