[LMH]New List Member

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Thu May 22 12:43:00 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Have you got any documentation on the hash function used to store
> entries in the PHT ? The SSDN2 doesn't describe the algorithm itself.

You mean exploiter's memory.c's PHT_REHASH_CONSTANT and PHT_HASH_KEY()
macros?

> At the moment the exploiter emulator just does a linear search. It
> works, but it would be good to use the real thing.

It works and it's correct, with the exception of the two macros mentioned
above and the case of replacing the entry for a page already in the table
(which wasn't a case I needed to handle for the band loader, which is
the only place that function is presently used).

(I know it's correct. It was either documented in SSDN2 or in the system
sources somewhere. The only bits I couldn't find were the hash key and
the rehash constant.)

> Robert Swindells

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net