[LMH]Re: CATCH/THROW?

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Wed Jul 23 17:49:01 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Nyef wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> My current WIP for exploiter is running almost all the way through
> CONFIGURE-NUPI-DISK-SYSTEM. I believe this to be just about at the end of
> initialize-disk-system.
>
> The problem I'm having is with the documentation for the instructions
> %close-catch-unwind-protect and %unwind-protect-continue.
>
> CONFIGURE-NUPI-DISK-SYSTEM starts off with a %open-catch-multiple-value.
> The

The problem with using both pine and emacs at once is that the emacs
change-to-other-buffer key sequence sends your email through pine. :-/

Anyway, as I was saying, the restart-pc points to a
%close-catch-unwind-protect. This same instruction is reached through
the normal execution of the function.

After the %close-catch-unwind-protect, there is a LONG-PUSHJ, and then a
%unwind-protect-continue.

My question is, what exactly do %close-catch-unwind-protect and
%unwind-protect-continue do? SSDN2 doesn't explain
%unwind-protect-continue or %unwind-protect-cleanup at all...

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net