[LMH]memory config rom

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Wed Dec 10 12:31:01 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 12:30:55PM -0800, Al Kossow wrote:

> I checked my board this morning, and there isn't a socketed rom
> anywhere which would be a config rom.

According to the field maintenance manual scans, if you hold the
board chip side up with the connectors at the bottom, it's about
1/3 of the way up the board in the gap between the leftmost two
backplane connectors. I'm not sure of the scale, but it looks
like it could be a 28 or 32 pin chip.

> If someone has the diag software running, it would be worth sniffing
> around in the slot config spaces for the info for the CPU and memory
> boards.

The E1ProcGen manual has a list of -most- of the contents of the CPU
ROM, which is supposedly on the board which -doesn't- have the ROMs
that contain the microcode, on the way right edge of the board, on
the right.

> I vaguely remember when Daniel Seagraves was working on a microcode
> level simulation that he ran into the same problem (no obvious slot
> roms on the CPU or memory boards)

Yeah, I kinda wish I had access to some of his code, in case he got
any further than I have so far.

--Alastair