[LMH]SIB, Config ROMs, Fonts, Diagnostic Engine Code

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Sat Aug 16 13:01:01 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Nyef wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Nyef wrote:
>
> The ROMs are obviously mapped to address 0x000000 on the 68k, and there
> appears to be RAM at 0x180000 for at least 4096 bytes (the initial stack
> pointer in the interrupt vector table points to 0x181000).
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have easy access to a 68k disassembler right now,
> so I don't know too much more.

Okay, I set up my Performa 400 again, kicked it into NetBSD, and used the
binutils there to get me a disassembly. Then I started looking through it.

This is harder than usual, partly because I don't have much in the way of
documentation besides the CPU manuals and lroy-qdev.lisp, and partly
because there are no text strings in the ROM at all. Anywhere.

Anyway, I did find a couple things, but it's really slow going. I put my
current disassembly file at
http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/random_stuff/combined_nupi.dis68k.edited

And there is a copy of Al Kossow's ROM and disk dumps at
http://sc.am/~hametheif/lispm/ These (or other disk images) may come in
handy at some point in the near future.

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net