[LMH]Independant simulator progress.

Nyef nyef@softhome.net
Sat May 11 11:17:01 2002

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Nyef wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Over the past week I've been knocking together a quick hack of an E2
> macrocode interpreter, and I thought I'd let you people know some of what
> I discovered.

I spent a few hours today cleaning it up, and put it at
http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/exploiter/. It is gauranteed not to
compile on your computer, but it's there in case you want to have a look.

I also found a couple other things:

You will not get past the first invocation of + (in READ-SLOTS-I-OWN)
without emulating at least part of A-Memory.

A-Memory is almost certainly accessible by way of the NuBus. This is the
only way for it to be mapped into the Lisp address space without an
undocumented special hack in the virtual memory system, and that would
just be too dirty for words. The same applies for the I/O space that's
just below the A-Memory in Lisp space.

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net