[LMH]TI info?

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Sun May 5 02:28:01 2002

Emmanuel Rialland <eriallan@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> > >   I thought the E3 project didn't want any extra publicity as that
> > > might catch the attention of TI.
> >
> > Really.  Other than development interest, I'd rather not start a
> > museum.
> >
> > I'd be perfectly happy if someone else wants to, however.  Just as
> > long as they don't mention E3 too much (like, more than a passing
> > link).
> >
> > It's so perverse to be working on a net.project that wants to keep
> > under the radar.  Totally opposite from the norm.
> >

> I agree with the main opinion that keeping the volume low is better for
> the moment.
>
> But still on the subject, keeping in mind that I have never seen the TI
> interface, could someone shortly tell me if it differs in any
> significant way the Symbolics one?

Well, uh, er.  Perhaps on first glance it wasn't very different.  But
keep in mind that in Symbolics Genera most things were done with
Dynamic Windows, a precursor to CLIM.  Nearly everything was clickable
in one way or another.  And clicking did one of N different actions.
But TI's system kept closer to the MIT roots, which were based on
plain TV (the name of the basic window system, which Dynamic Windows
was built upon).

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W