[LispM-Hackers] Keyboard problem

John Morrison jm@mak.mak.com
Sat Mar 23 15:37:01 2002

Hi;

The Bad News is that I can neither remember who nor find the email
from some kind soul on this list who told me my problem with getting
only one keyboard interrupt was because one is not really finished
servicing a keyboard interrupt until one has read the scan code from
I/O space.

The Good News is that he was right (Thank You whoever told me), and
now I can read repeated key presses (up events, down events, repeat
events, etc.).

Anyways, does anybody know off the top of his head what I should map
the PC scan codes to?  Does the E2 have an equivalent low-level
abstraction?  Does it use "fat" "characters"?  Does it get both up and
down events?

I guess I should hit the docs, eh?

The other other Bad News is that I guess we will have an issue with
supporting mice, eh?  USB?  PS/2?

While I'm asking questions, is there a Single Standard Monochrome
monitor resolution I should strive for in the hardware?  Those
monitors in the pictures look pretty portrait-mode to me.  (I've never
used an Explorer.)

Geez.  Now back to the viewgraphs I'm engineering.  Code is SOOO much
more satisfying.

-jm

--
==== John Morrison