[LispM-Hackers] Interrupts work (mostly), and Yet Another Question

ford@objs.com ford@objs.com
Mon Mar 11 13:29:00 2002

Carl Shapiro wrote:

>    From: ford@objs.com
>    Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:46:43 -0500
>
> [...]
>
>    I suppose its possible I have some of this stuff on some of these tapes I can no longer read,
>    but that's another story.
>
> Believe it or not - about a year and a half ago I had to reverse
> engineer the tape format used by the Explorer to recover some assets
> belonging to the company I work for.  If anybody out there has a tape
> that was written by an Explorer (or a Lambda), I have both the drives
> and the software to read it with.

Hmmm.  I have a case of tapes.  I also have explorers with drives, but
both tapes and drives are in pretty bad shape.  I generally have to disassemble
the cartridge and replace at lease the rubber band with one from a new cartridge,
and still I can't usually restore an entire FILE band without a tape error, and
I've not yet taken the time to write something that could capture what I can read.

But I have a SCSI drive on my sparc that should be able to read the tapes if I
had the software.

Could you possibly send me the software?

Steve

--
Steve Ford
Object Services and Consulting, Inc.