[LispM-Hackers] Loaded ersatz ucode and N928.LOAD on x86

Dave Richards dave@synergy.org
Fri Mar 8 17:31:01 2002

> Oh, goody.  It has a floating-point unit (or so "The Undocumented PC"
> tells me).  Hmm... If we're going to do 28 bit floating point, are we
> going to do it in software, or are we going to use any floating-point
> unit we have.  I am not keen on writing a floating-point library.
>
> -jm

I plan on writing s/w FP one day.  My target CPU doesn't have one.  However,
that ain't gonna be for as long as I can delay it.  I did buy a book a while
back which talks about it, though.  I reckon I'll get my money's worth.

	Dave